When thinking of food as an immune-booster it’s hard to go past the classic chicken soup. This version has all the amazing health benefits of the classic recipe, but with a tasty twist! An ideal addition to a healthy eating diet plan.
The flavours of garlic, onion, ginger and chilli are not only delicious but all have high levels of vitamins and minerals to fight illness and keep our bodies strong and healthy. The addition of tomatoes and tomato paste adds additional antioxidants and great flavour.
Coconut milk is used commonly in Asian cooking to balance spiced dishes. Its health benefits include high levels of fibre, vitamins C, E and B vitamins plus iron and calcium. It adds a lovely creamy-ness to this dish.
Note: This is a mildly spiced dish. If you prefer more heat you can include the chilli seeds instead of removing them.
- 1 tbsp. rice bran or coconut oil
- 600g lean chicken breast, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 celery sticks
- 400g diced canned tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and thinly diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 tbsp. salt reduced tomato paste
- Parsley to serve
- In a large saucepan, sauté oil with garlic, onion, ginger and celery until softened.
- Add chicken and stir until just cooked on the outside.
- Add stock, coconut milk, chilli, cabbage, tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Divide evenly into 5 bowls and garnish with parsley to serve.
Serves 5, 305 cal per serve
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get access to:
- 28 Days of family friendly healthy meals
- Personalised weekly shopping lists and customisable meal plans
- Access to the exclusive challenge 1000+ recipe hub
- 28 days of effective at home exercises to fit into your busy day
- Expert advice and support from the team and 1000’s of other mums on the challenge
- See all the details and join here
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Eliza lost 22kg (48 pounds) on 4 Challenges
Eliza says “I started in September with my first 28 Day Weightloss Challenge. I lost 8 kg that month. So far I have lost 22 kg. But it is what I have gained which will make me a supporter for life!
You won’t regret it!