When you are a busy, on-the-go mum, it’s so important to remember to plan healthy snacks to eat throughout the day.
We often talk about the benefits of including protein in your meals and snacks.
Protein (think meat, nuts, tofu, egg) fills you up, and unlike sugary snacks you don’t normally feel the urge to over-eat.
Which is good news for those of us trying to lose weight.
There’s no need to rush out and stock up on (expensive) protein bars though.
In fact, it’s been suggested that they are only of real benefit to elite athletes (so for us mere mortals they are just an expensive snack).
Many commercial protein bars are also full of sugar, salt, fat and other additives that are not going to make a positive contribution to your healthy eating plan.
So rather than munching on a lamb chop for morning tea (though you can if you like!) we’ve got a terrific recipe for a healthy protein cookie that you can easily make yourself at home.
These are great to pop into your bag before you head out for the day. You can go about your business, safe in the knowledge that you’ve got a tasty, nutritious snack packed away for when you need it.
And as these are made with all natural ingredients, they’re great for the whole family to enjoy with you.
The protein in these cookies comes from the tinned chickpeas. Chickpeas are a healthy legume that contain a stack of vitamins and nutrients; including folic acid, manganese, iron, copper, zinc and magnesium.
For more deliciously healthy sweet recipes, click here and receive a FREE Dessert Recipe Sampler.
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- 1 ½ cups tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup light peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 85g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas into a colander and rinse really well.
- Place into a blender with the peanut butter, skim milk, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Blend until smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the mixture by the tablespoon onto baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Join our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get instant access to 1000+ recipes, exercise and meal plans for the month, and the support of thousands of other mums on the same journey as you.
- Average weight loss is 4-6kg over 28 days
- 40% discount on monthly RRP of $69 & pay $39.95 as your fixed rate
- No price increases, no lock ins, cancel at any time
- Customised meal plans & personalised shopping lists
- Over 1200 exclusive family & budget friendly recipes
- Alternate exercises for mums with muscle separation
- Plans are breastfeeding friendly
- Daily support in PRIVATE forum with 1000’s of other mums
- $250 in free recipe ebooks & meal & exercise plans
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Lizzie lost 10kg (22 pounds) on 3 Challenges
Lizzie says: “The food is delicious and very easy to make. The recipes are very simple and don’t require a lot of ingredients.
I love that the menu plan for the week is all worked out and it can be customised to suit your family and the ingredients you may have on hand” Join here