Easter is just around the corner and that means chocolates! Lots and lots of chocolates everywhere!
Many people associate chocolates with Easter especially since the introduction of foiled-wrapped chocolate Easter eggs.
Although chocolates taste so good, we can’t deny that they are filled with calories that will put a major halt on our diet and exercise plan. And did you know that a regular Cadbury Creme Egg that is widely sold at supermarkets in Australia carries 150 calories per egg?
Well, instead of having chocolates for Easter, why not try baking some good old fashioned Hot Cross Buns?
Hot cross buns have been a staple on Good Friday and during Easter celebrations for many generations, and your family and friends will definitely enjoy some wholesome Low Fat Easter Hot Cross Buns.
- 400g wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 50g reduced fat butter
- 40g mixed dried fruit
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Natvia natural sweetener
- 200ml water
Crossed dough ingredients
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees.
- Mix yeast and natvia with 150ml of water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, mixed spice, dried fruit).
- Make a well in the centre of your dough. Then pour in the yeast mixture, 50ml of water and the butter
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and then cover it, leaving it to rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, cut the dough into balls and then leave them to rise for another 20 minutes or until the size doubles.
- Whilst waiting for the dough to rise, prepare your crossed dough mixture in a mixing bowl and put it into a piping bag.
- Then, pipe it onto the dough balls in a cross shape before you pop it in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once it’s done, take it out of the oven and glaze it!
All your guests will definitely enjoy this tasty Easter staple and the best part is…it will help keep you on track towards your goal of getting a slimmer and firmer tummy! Enjoy! Makes around 15 buns with each bun being approx 110 calories
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout.
Click HERE to see our shop