Christmas is a time to celebrate the cheery holiday season with great company, classic jingles and Christmas cookie indulgence.
And keeping up with your post pregnancy weight loss plans is going to be tough as there are plenty of sweet goodies that you can’t get your hands off.
This recipe brings an added zest to classic Christmas cookie recipes and everyone will be raving about it at your Christmas party.
These light and airy Chocolate Coconut Meringues are guaranteed to be a healthy and yummy treat for you and your family.
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup natural sweetener – such as agave
- 2 tablespoon semisweet low-fat chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
- 2 tablespoon trans-fat-free white chocolate chips of finely chopped white chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Position two racks in the upper and lower thirds and preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Whilst waiting for the oven to heat up, prepare two large baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- Now, to mix up the ingredients, get a large mixing bowl and beat egg whites, cream of tartar, coconut, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until the ingredients are blended together.
- Then, gradually add in the sweetener whilst beating the mix, 2 tablespoons at a time. Beat until you can see stiff, shiny peaks forming. The whole process will take about 6 -8 minutes.
- Now to add the cocoa powder in. Sift it over the mixture and carefully fold it together with a rubber spatula till everything is combined.
- Put the meringue mix into a pastry bag with a ½ inch tip. Pipe the mix onto the baking sheets in 2-inch circles. Make sure you make some space in between the meringue to allow it to expand (about 1-inch apart).
- Put the sheets in the oven and let it bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, turn off the oven and let the meringue stand for about 1 ½ hours. Make sure you keep the oven door close while doing this.
- Then, melt both chocolate chips by putting it in a large bowl and microwave on Medium for 45 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate and continue microwaving for another 20 seconds (repeat this step until chocolate is fully melted).
- Drizzle on to meringue in any pattern you like and let it stand until the chocolate sets.
Please also remember to keep up your Lose Baby Weight plans and keep doing your post pregnancy exercises over the holidays.
And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range.