The “Sneaky Snickers” has been one of our all time FAVOURITE smoothie recipes for a while now. So today we have a thicker and even more delicious Smoothie Bowl version to keep things interesting!
The Healthy Mummy Smoothies make a great addition into your healthy eating plan when trying to lose baby weight. They’re quick, easy, yummy and they’re a perfect meal replacement for any busy mum.
Not only does this smoothie bowl taste great, it is also incredibly versatile. You could halve the ingredients to make it a snack, switch up the toppings to make it a dessert, or to utilize what ever you have on hand, you can even add extras to up your calories – the options are endless!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (for a ticker mix only use 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy chocolate or vanilla smoothie mix
- 1/2 tbsp cacao (cocoa would work just adjust calories)
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon according to your own tastebuds
- 10g crushed peanuts (slivered almonds would also work great)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 banana
- mix oats honey and cinnamon in a bowl and the place in a 200deg oven and roast for roughly 5-10 minutes (I made a bigger batch to keep on hand and it took about 15min) let this cool
- blend smoothie ingredients together for 2-3 minutes and put into a bowl
- slice banana and place on top gently, sprinkle crushed peanuts, oats and chia seeds
- sit down and hide from the kids while you enjoy this little treat
400 calories per serve
Recipe submitted by Natasha Pechlivanidis