This fresh and zesty salad is a perfect weight loss friendly side to serve at your next BBQ, with a roast chicken, or with some grilled fish.
Quinoa is such a great option to add to your salads.
Instead of being a traditional carb like rice, pasta or cous cous, this nutritional powerhouse is packed with protein and healthy fibre – all great for weight loss.
Using fresh herbs in your cooking is another weight loss cooking tip that we absolutely love (even better if you can grow some in a pot at home).
Parsley and mint are a match made in heaven, and the fresh lemon cuts through it all to add a nice zing.
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup crushed almonds, cashews or pistachios
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse your quinoa under running water.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and add the quinoa.
- Turn down to a low simmer and cook for around 15 minutes, or until the water has all been absorbed. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon, cumin and cinnamon.
- Place the quinoa into your salad bowl and add the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Drizzle over the dressing, season to taste, and then stir through the chopped herbs.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving with the crushed nuts over the top.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 250.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop