Here is a fun healthy eating snack idea that is packed with heart healthy coconut and the goodness of almonds.
Unlike sweets like chocolate or lollies, you will find that recipes made with ‘good fats’ like coconut fill you up much quicker. They don’t usually tempt you to overeat as the healthy fats satisfy the sweet craving.
Grab one of these healthy eating bliss balls from the fridge when you need a sweet pick me up.
- 2 cups shredded coconut + extra
- ½ cup almonds
- 2-3 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Roll into small balls around the size of a 10c piece.
- Roll in extra coconut.
- Place on a lined tray and chill in the fridge until firm.
Makes approx 15 balls. Calories per ball: 151.