It is nearly back to school time and that means you need to think about lunch boxes!
We will be bringing you lots of ideas – all healthy of course – but here is one to get you trying this week.
And this one is great as you can also pre make and use as a breakfast as well as a lunch box snack and it has no added sugar – hooray!
Wholemeal flour increases the fibre content and provides slow-release energy.
- 2 apples, peeled and grated 150g butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Put apple and butter in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Peel and mash bananas with the back of a fork (the riper the bananas the better).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This recipe is from our Healthy Kids Cookbook which is available as a hard copy and as an ebook.