A common point that I see all over the internet, TV, newspapers – well just about everywhere is that most people see exercise as something we have to do to lose weight – and most people don’t like it!
People will often start a weight loss plan with the plan to do exercise then either do it until they reach their goal or decide it is too hard and focus on the ‘weight loss is 80% diet’ statement so they don’t need to do any exercise.
The problem with this is that most people are missing the point of the health benefits of exercise and the fact that doing exercise doesn’t mean you have to train in a gym or be a fitness fanatic or do anything extreme.
You just need to aim to do something (even 15 mins) and see exercise as a HEALTH BENEFIT and part of your health and longevity plan rather than just seeing it as a short term weight loss fix
I am crazy busy all of the time but I make time every day to get my heart rate up with exercise.
Unfortunately as a very busy mum I don’t have the time to go to a gym every day.
So instead I exercise in different ways!
I use the easy to follow 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges exercises – and I usually do these in the evening when my kids have finally gone to bed.
And then in the day time I try and get to a park and when I am there I do squats, bench step ups and generally try and be as active as possible to get my daily exercise in.
Do I get some funny looks? Yes! But I don’t mind – I am doing it for my health and it is the only time I have to fit it in and it is fun to do with my kids too – and often they join in!
So give it a go and try and make moving more part of your daily habits and you will feel the benefits and be doing something really positive for your health as well as aiding weight loss.
7 reasons you need to exercise
So as well as weight loss, there are lots of benefits of living a healthy lifestyle which have huge impacts on your health and longevity – and 7 of these benefits are:
- Your heart and lungs have been working hard delivering more nutrients and oxygen to your tissues resulting in a boost of energy to go about your daily life and most likely an improved mood.
- Using your body weight to perform resistance exercise has put your muscles under greater strain and they will now be starting to tone and strengthen.
- Depending on how your children sleep, your own personal sleep will have improved and you will be falling asleep faster and in to a deeper sleep.
- The additional oxygen being pumped to your brain has stimulated brain activity and made you feel more alert.
- Your muscles will now be requiring a lot more fuel to work efficiently given the greater workload put on them which means they will be burning excess FAT!
- As long as you’ve been stretching after every workout you should feel a lot more flexible allowing you to move in different directions more easily and without pain.
- You have reduced your risk of chronic disease such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Just think how much more you will achieve by doing some exercise – even if it is chasing your kids around a park!
To see just how easy our 28 Day Challenge exercises are to fit into your busy day, download your FREE exercise sampler by clicking below
Or you can join the Challenge directly here
If you want to save money on household shopping bills and getting healthy then get our FREE guide to how you can save up to $150 in our FREE Free Budget Guide by entering your details below