Hearty, warming soups are the perfect accompaniment to the cooler months.
Soups form an integral part of a healthy eating plan, but it’s important to stay away from adding too many calorie-laden ingredients like full fat cream, bacon and croutons.
Instead, focus on ingredients like vegetables, low-sodium stocks and fibre-rich pulses like lentils and chickpeas.
This quick and easy recipe for Chunky Green Pea Soup is a real mid-week wonder.
Simple to prepare, budget-smart and freezer-friendly, this filling soup is low in saturated fat but high in fibre.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 potato, parboiled and cut into cubes
- 4 cups of frozen peas
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 small piece of sourdough bread
- Cracked pepper
- Switch the vegetable stock for chicken stock
- Add a dollop of Greek yoghurt to the top when serving
- Frozen broad beans can be used instead of frozen peas
- Thyme can be used instead of mint
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or saucepan, and add the onion. Cook over a low-medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add stock, frozen peas, 2 sprigs of chopped mint and potato and bring to the boil. Simmer over low-medium heat for 4 minutes or until the peas are soft.
- Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for a few minutes while you set up your blender.
- Put the soup into your blender and pulse for a short time. The soup should be blended but still retain a chunky texture.
- Afterwards, return the soup to the saucepan and heat for a further 3 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure the soup is heated through.
- Serve topped with cracked pepper, a sprig of mint and a piece of sourdough bread on the side.
Serves: 4 Calories Per Serve: 202
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get access to:
- 28 Days of family friendly healthy meals
- Personalised weekly shopping lists and customisable meal plans
- Access to the exclusive challenge 1000+ recipe hub
- 28 days of effective at home exercises to fit into your busy day
- Expert advice and support from the team and 1000’s of other mums on the challenge
- See all the details and join here
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Eliza lost 22kg (48 pounds) on 4 Challenges
Eliza says “I started in September with my first 28 Day Weightloss Challenge. I lost 8 kg that month. So far I have lost 22 kg. But it is what I have gained which will make me a supporter for life!
You won’t regret it!