Finding nutritious dessert recipes that can be included in your healthy eating plan can be a challenge when trying to lose pregnancy weight.
Most desserts are high in calories because they are made with unhealthy ingredients like white sugar, cream, ice cream and butter.
This simple recipe is a healthy take on the traditional French parfait, which is usually a high calorie affair filled with liqueur and topped with whipped cream.
Packed with antioxidants, fibre and vitamins, this simple to prepare dessert option will win over friends, kids and partners alike!
- Half a cup of blueberries
- Half a cup of raspberries
- 4 strawberries, set aside 2 whole strawberries for presentation, chop the other two into slices
- 200 grams reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- 40 grams fruit-free, untoasted muesli
- Quarter of a cup of almonds, chopped
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Instead of the berries use other fruits like chopped banana, kiwifruit or mango
- Use chopped hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans instead of the almonds
- Add some chopped prunes or dates to the mix
- Use a dash of maple syrup instead of the honey
Want more HEALTHY dessert inspiration? Click here for your FREE Dessert Recipe Sampler from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- Place a third of the berries in the bottom of two glass jars or dessert glasses.
- Add a dollop of yoghurt, then layer more berries on top of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle the muesli, sunflower seeds, almonds and coconut flakes on top of the yoghurt.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the muesli and nut layer, then add another dollop of yoghurt on top (by now, you should be at the top of the jar or dessert glass).
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the yoghurt, top with a few more berries.
- Take the two strawberries that have been reserved for presentation, cut a slit in the side, and place on the lip of the jar or glass, and serve.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 383
Take part in the 28 Day Challenge
So don’t delay – join literally THOUSANDS of mums on the challenge with us who lose an average of 4-6kg (8 – 13 pounds) over 28 days – you can read all about it here and see how it works
For over 800 family friendly recipes with daily meal and exercise plans, join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge made especially for BUSY MUMS – plus you do the challenge with tens of thousands of other mums and chat daily – even hourly with them for constant support in our private group.
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Lauren has lost 46kg (101 pounds) on 6 rounds
Lauren says “I’d highly recommend starting with a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges. It’s such a great way to learn about healthy eating and exercise….. The Challenges are perfect as they run for 28 days, with so many different customizable options for every meal and day” Join here
You won’t regret it!
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here