Fruit filled bars are a popular lunchbox filler but are often full of refined sugars and preservatives.
Today we have a refined sugar free homemade fruit filled bar recipe for your kids to enjoy. They would even make a great grab-and-go snack for you to enjoy while following a healthy eating plan.
- 1 cup fruit
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Put fruit in pot and add water (enough to just cover fruit) and boil down until fruit is soft and jam like
- Mix all other ingredients in a food processor until well combined
- Roll out the mix as thin as possible-this is quite a tough and will take some time
- Once rolled out cut it into strips
- Add 1 teaspoon of fruit to each strip and smooth it out along the bar
- Fold over the sides to make a “bar” and place on a baking tray
- Pop in the oven and cook on 180 for 15mins
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container
Makes 14 Bars
100 Calories per bar
Recipe sent in by Meghan Hall
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here