When you think of a chocolate brownie you instantly think that it is a no-go when you are following a healthy eating plan.
Today we have this Gooey Chocolate Brownie reader recipe for you all to try. They would make a great afternoon sweet treat, or even a great addition to the school lunch boxes.
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Melts
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 50g Dates (Soaked in hot water for 15minutes)
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
- Set oven to 180 degrees and line a tin with baking paper
- Gently melt chocolate, honey and coconut oil in a pan and set aside to slightly cool
- In the meantime blend together the avocado, banana and dates until smooth
- Pour the slightly cooled chocolate mix into the banana mix and stir together
- Add the flour and stir until combined
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out mostly clean
- Allow to cool then cut into 12 squares – enjoy!
Serves 12, 100 Calories per serve
Recipe submitted by Sian Atkinson
Check out our Guilt Free Chocolate recipe book for more amazing healthy chocolate treats.