Sometimes we all get cravings and if we are tired it can often mean we end up ordering a takeaway, which is obviously not a great idea if you are trying to lose pregnancy weight and not great if you are trying to follow a healthy eating plan.
But if you are going to order a takeaway then make sure you have a look at what are the healthiest ones to have here. And another option – if it is a curry you are craving is to make this healthy eating version of chicken tikka masala – we hope you enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced up/roughly cut
- 150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ 400g tin chopped tomatoes (200g)
- 200ml light or low fat coconut milk
- 2 generous tbsp. tikka masala curry paste
- 1 red onion- diced
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1 x red/yellow/green capsicum – sliced
- 1 x cup of caulifower – chopped up
- Salt to taste
- Oil spray
- Place the sliced chicken into a bowl, along with the yoghurt and 1tbsp. of the curry paste. Season with salt, stir well and then cover with cling film before placing into the fridge overnight.
- Place the chicken onto a baking tray and cook in a 220C oven for ten minutes. Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion.
- Heat the oil spray in a large pan and add the rest of the curry paste. Cook for two minutes until fragrant, then add the onion and turn the heat down low. Cook slowly for ten minutes until sweet and browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked chicken, capsicum and cauliflower and then simmer for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the spinach and then finely chop the coriander and stir this through the curry before serving.
This recipe serves two, and contains 375 calories per serving. Add a 50g portion of cooked basmati rice/brown rice or Quinoa for an extra 150 calories per serving.
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next month’s theme is WINTER! – Perfect for the chilly weather, SUPER easy to whip up and still just as healthy.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a 28 Day Challenge recipe pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.