Why even think about take away when you can whip up this delicious and healthy chicken and pineapple friend rice. This is a meal that will fit perfectly into a healthy eating plan and the whole family will LOVE.
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken Breast
- 4 Cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups of Pea, Carrots and Corn Frozen Vegetables
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple + 2tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 2tbsp Ketcap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp minced ginger
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- Spring onion to garnish
- In a non stick fry pan on a medium heat, pour in the beaten egg, Cook few minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and roughly chop
- In the same pan add the sesame oil, then add the rice and the pea, carrot and corn mix, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the rice and vegetable mix are heated through add the chicken, egg and crushed pineapple.
- In a bowl mix the Ketcap manis, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice and chilli powder, once mixed well pour over the fried rice and mix well. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- When finished top with spring onions and a little more crushed pineapple if you want
Recipe serves 5, 317 Calories per serve