Cheese may not feature on some weight loss plans but some cheeses can be enjoyed in moderation as a part of a healthy eating plan.
Cheeses like ricotta, feta, halloumi and cottage cheese can be enjoyed at times and are better options than calorie-dense cheeses like creamy Brie or full fat Camembert.
This simple salad is easy to prepare and is a great option for a light lunch or dinner.
The halloumi provides calcium and protein, while the rocket provides folate and fibre.
Cheese cravings are common, so it’s best to not restrict yourself too much but enjoy certain cheeses every now and then as a part of a healthy weight loss plan.
- 4 x cherry tomatoes
- 2 x handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 x squeeze of lemon
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Cracked pepper
- 100 grams of halloumi cheese, cut into medium slices
- 1 x spray of olive oil spray
- Use baby spinach leaves instead of rocket
- Add a can of tuna in springwater
- Add cucumber, celery or carrot for added fibre
- Add a few green olives for a flavour boost
- Spray a skillet or frying pan with olive oil spray, heat on medium heat and add the halloumi once the pan is hot.
- Cook the halloumi for one to two minutes (or until slightly blackened) then flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Remove the halloumi from the pan and set aside.
- Arrange the rocket leaves and the tomato on a plate.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and rocket with the balsamic vinegar, then arrange the halloumi on top.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon and some cracked pepper.