Great for an entrée at a BBQ or outdoor lunch, or even as a snack, grilled avocado is a great alternative way to enjoy this summer fruit.
There are loads of ways to tweak this healthy eating recipe:
- Add chilli flakes before serving
- Switch lime for lemon
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Dollop on some low fat sour cream
- Add a few tablespoons of kidney beans to the mix
- Throw in some finely chopped shallots
You can use a BBQ for this, or a griddle pan indoors would work as well. You want those char marks on the avocado, as it adds lovely flavour as well as looking great.
Avocado is a great source of healthy fats, which are an essential part of a healthy eating diet when you are trying to lose pregnancy weight.
- 2 large ripe avocadoes, halved, stone removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 50g diced low fat feta
- 2 ripe tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat your BBQ grill to med/high.
- Drizzle the 4 halves of avocado with olive oil and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Place the avocadoes, flesh side down, onto the hot pan.
- Allow to grill for around 5 minutes without touching or moving them.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the feta, tomato, salt and pepper, and parsley.
- Fill the holes of the avocado with the salsa mix and serve.