Bec Jackson has sent in what we think is the most originally named smoothie we’ve seen in a while.
Bec says, ‘This is my morning healthy mummy smoothie for today and I had to share it, as it was AWESOME.
Inspired by the cold Canberra morning I was making James (8mths) some porridge with mashed banana and cinnamon and thought why not create a smoothie out of this?
So after making his porridge I used some of his cooked porridge in the recipe below.
- 3 x tbsp of cooked porridge oats (from baby’s breakfast)
- 1 x medium banana
- 2 x tsp organic honey
- 200ml of favourite milk – I used Almond Milk
- 2 x tbsp of Vanilla Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
- Cinnamon to taste
- Blend at high speed until well combined.
- Enjoy with some more cinnamon sprinkled on top.
- Bec says ‘I didn’t add ice because I wanted it “not too hot and not too cold – but just right” but you could if you like.
- I’ve tried a variation of this without cooking the oats and cooking them makes a real difference – you get the porridge taste – it’s a great winter comfort smoothie.’
We think it sounds great!
Do you have an equally cool name for your own smoothie concoction? Email your recipe and a picture to [email protected] and you go into the draw to win our Smoothie of the Week prize – a $100 Myer voucher!
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here – with free express postage if you order the book on its own
Click HERE to see our shop