Healthy eating that is easy and tasty can be hard if you are avoiding gluten but here is a great weight loss recipe that is perfect if you are trying to lose pregnancy weight and want to make something the whole family will enjoy.
This impressive dish is packed with flavour and goodness too – and it’s completely gluten free.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of gluten free pasta shells
- 200g of brocolli florets
- 250g asparagus spears
- 2 red onions
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 300ml milk of your choice (use dairy free if you are lactose intolerant)
- 150ml vegetable stock (if using a stock cube, make sure that it’s gluten free)
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. gluten free cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Snap the asparagus spears in half to remove the woody ends. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Cut up the brocolli into small pieces. Slice the red onions into wedges. And cook the pasta shells in a pan
- Mix together 1 tbsp. oil with the flour in a large saucepan over a low heat. Gradually whisk in the milk, turn the heat up slightly and cook until you have a thickened and smooth creamy sauce. Stir in the tarragon and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set to one side and cover with cling wrap.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken on either side for 1-2 minutes until golden. Transfer to a baking dish. Add the onions to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften, then add to the chicken. Scatter with the tomatoes and asparagus spears.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and scrape off any golden bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for a minute or so, then add the stock and stir to combine. Whisk into the creamy sauce you made earlier, season if needed and then pour over the chicken and add in the pasta shells. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake in a 180C oven for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe serves 4. Calories per serving: 420, fat per serving: 9g.
And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range