Many gluten free baked goods use highly processed white rice flour, which has little nutritional value, and is also high GI causing a spike in blood sugars which will increase unhealthy cravings.
These cupcakes are created with nutrient-dense whole food ingredients that will support your weight loss goals.
You don’t need to be avoiding gluten and dairy to enjoy these scrumptious little cakes. Lovely on their own, they can also be topped with your favorite healthy cupcake frosting or simply drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut or olive oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dry whisk flour, almond meal, baking powder and cacao.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until very well combined.
- Spoon evenly into patty cases on a baking tray.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy plain or add your favorite healthy frosting.
150 cal per serve
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here