Some nights you just feel like something sweet after dinner.
While many desserts are full of fat, sugar and other nasties that would de-rail your weight loss plans – these contain no pastry, flour, butter or sugar.
Baked apples might not look terribly attractive but they do taste amazing.
These are delicious served with a dollop of natural yoghurt or low fat custard on top.
We cook these in muffin tins so that the apples don’t roll all over the place. Serve them straight onto the table and let everyone help themselves.
- 6 apples
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 4 dates, chopped into small pieces (or use sultanas if you don’t have dates)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Slice the top off your apples and set aside.
- Core the centre of each apple and squeeze a little lemon juice all over it.
- Place the apples in a muffin tray.
- Place the vanilla essence, almond meal, walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Carefully stuff apples with the mixture, pop the apple lids back on, and cover with foil.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until apples are very soft when poked with a skewer.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 215.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here – with free express postage if you order the book on its own
Click HERE to see our shop