When following a healthy eating diet plan it’s important to remember that you should incorporate the recipes and meal plans to suit your lifestyle and tastes as this will make it easier to stay on track to reach your weight loss goals.
If you don’t eat certain foods, can’t always budget for every ingredient in a recipe or don’t like the taste of something, then it’s ok to make food swaps, as long as they’re healthy ones of course.
Here are some food swap suggestions to show you how you can make the meal plans from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge your own if you want to:
- Instead of lamb cutlets use lamb steak (100g is approx 208cal) or lamb loin chops (100g is approx 224cal).
- Instead of fresh salmon or barramundi use a firm white fish that’s on special e.g. ling fillets are often a lot cheaper per kilo (100g is approx 90cal).
- If you don’t like seafood then skinless chicken breast (100g is approx 110cal) is usually a good swap and often works with the same flavours as those in seafood recipes.
- Instead of prawns use fish fillets or chicken breast.
- Lean beef rump steak is usually well priced compared with other beef cuts but another option if your budget is tight is to purchase a lean beef roast like topside (100g is approx 125cal) and cut it into individual steaks to freeze. Buying in bulk like this is often less expensive.
- Instead of ricotta use low fat cottage cheese (100g is approx 85cal). You don’t have to use the low fat versions if you don’t want to, just allow for the differences in calories to stick within your daily guidelines.
- With fruits and vegetables you can easily make swaps to suit what’s in season or on special. Swap snow peas for beans (100g is approx 45cal) or swap sweet potato for carrots (100g is approx 40cal).
- Instead of purchasing different varieties of nuts and seeds, just stick to one or two that you like as then you can purchase them in bulk to save money.
Most of the recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can simply have the ingredients you don’t like or can’t budget for, substituted for something you’d prefer.
Love the Healthy Mummy team xx
This April – straight after Easter, we are running our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge SUGAR DETOX SPECIAL
Designed to help you detox from Sugar and lose weight
Get your FREE Sugar Detox recipe sampler below and see why detoxing from sugar – plus losing weight – has never been easier
About the 28 Day Challenge
A few key things to note are:
- The Challenge menu is FULLY customisable
- You have access to over 1700 exclusive recipes
- You have access to over 300 exercise routines
- Meals are family friendly and are made in under 10-20 minutes
For a limited time, we are offering you a HUGE DISCOUNT on the lifetime membership discount on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – you can see this awesome offer here.
Candice Lost 32kgs* with the 28 Day Challenges
Candice says: “I joined the 28 Day challenges membership in July and have also seen great results on this – it is a fantastic challenge I’m starting to see some real muscle definition and overall toning.
I love that the challenge exercises are so versatile. I can do them at home with very minimal equipment and at any time of the day, before the kids wake up, or even after they go to bed. I’m also loving the new option where we can print out all the exercises in one go – it means I can have them ready at the start of the week and don’t even have to muck around turning the computer on and getting everything ready.”
You won’t regret it!