As you might imagine, we get asked ‘what is the fastest way to lose weight’ all the time. Some would say the fastest way to lose weight would be to severely reduce your food intake.
But wait! Before you do that, remember your body needs a certain amount of nutrition, especially if you are breastfeeding and we absolutely do not believe in starving yourself or going hungry.
We are wary of using the word ‘fast’ when we’re talking about our weight loss plans because it means different things to different people. When we talk about how to lose weight fast, we mean constant and SAFE weight loss, anywhere from a half to 1 kilo a week – and you can see results from mums who have done just that here.
Ignore Hollywood, health is more important that a bony ribcage! Crash diets are bad for you. The last thing you want is to push your body into ‘starvation mode’ and slow your metabolism, which in turns reduces your muscle mass. It’s a short-term weight loss that creates long-term problems and it goes against everything we believe in at Lose Baby Weight.
And quite frankly, mums can’t afford to get run down because kids don’t stop just because you do!
So here are the biggest tips to lose weight ‘fast’ and safely
- Incorporate exercise into your life, find something you love
- Find ways to be active around the home with bub
- Start your day with warm water and lemon or cider vinegar to kickstart your digestion
- Eat for health first, and for pleasure second (note we don’t say ignore your tastebuds!)
- Plan your meals in advance
- Consider replacing at least one meal with our Healthy Mummy Smoothies to keep your calorie intake down and your nutrition levels up
- Avoid white processed carbs – they only give you a craving for more
- Oily fish is good for your body and your mind
- Drink lots of water – don’t mistake thirst for hunger
- Never give up, everyone has bad days
- Believe in yourself.
Remember the bigger you are, the more you will naturally lose at first… and as you get closer to your ideal weight things do start slowing down. Your body needs to find a new equilibrium, so don’t get frustrated, just get happy that you’re moving in the right direction.
So don’t be so focused on losing weight fast, if you stick to a balanced weight loss plan like our 28 day diet & exercise plan it WILL happen for you. Faster than you think!
And to see our full range of health and weight loss plans click here and use code LOYALTY to claim your 10% discount