One of the best ways to lose pregnancy weight is to get the whole family involved by cooking healthy, nutritious dishes that the whole family will love.
These Easy Spinach & Ricotta Fritters are great to include in your healthy eating plan because they contain a low amount of calories, are filled with nutritious ingredients and will be loved by children of all ages – from toddlers to teens.
Containing only a handful of ingredients, these fritters are a perfect entree, lunch time meal or light dinner option when you’re short on time.
Choose to serve alone, with a side salad or with some Greek yoghurt as a dipping sauce if preferred.
- 1 and a half cups of wilted (or steamed) spinach leaves, excess water drained off
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- Third cup wholemeal flour
- 2 small-medium sized eggs
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Third of a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, ricotta, eggs, cracked pepper, lemon zest, chives, parmesan and wholemeal flour.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, use your hands to form the mixture into fritters.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and once hot cooked the fritters in batches, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up and serve immediately.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 270
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here