If you avoid dairy in your diet or have an allergy to dairy here is a great recipe for dairy free panna cotta which is a great treat to have on your healthy eating plan or if you need a little treat whilst on your Lose Baby Weight pregnancy weight loss plan
Plus Panna cotta is one of the tastiest puds there is – rich and creamy, and you can now make it dairy free!
- 500ml soy milk
- 3 level tsp. powdered gelatine (unflavoured) + 3 tbsp. water
- 2 x tbsp of honey or natural sweetener
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the soy milk, honey, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Heat until the mixture just comes to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the gelatine mixture until evenly distributed and then leave to cool for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove any lumps of gelatine into 4 ramekins, then leave to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving and serve with fresh fruit such as berries or passion fruit.
Recipe serves 4. Calories per serving: 148, fat per serving: 2g. If you like, you can just use orange zest OR lemon zest, or you could use lime zest and a drop of coconut milk for a tropical pud.
And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range