Good news for dessert lovers! Desserts can still be eaten when losing pregnancy weight.
Incorporating healthy, home cooked desserts into your healthy eating plan is a good way to satisfy cravings, stay full and avoid weight gain.
This healthy rice pudding is a great, warming option to cook in winter. Serve as a dessert or even an afternoon snack – kids will love it too.
Made with almond milk, this rice pudding recipe is dairy-free, so is suitable for adults and kids that are lactose intolerant or have trouble digesting cow’s milk.
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 4 cups of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1-2 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 6 small mint leaves
- Top with some chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of LSA on top
- Add some shredded coconut
- Top with raspberries or a passionfruit instead of blueberries
- Substitute the Arborio rice for brown rice
- Place the almond milk, vanilla essence and honey in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and simmer, uncovered on low heat for 20-30 minutes until the rice is tender. Ensure to keep stirring the mixture to make sure that it doesn’t burn or stick to the sides.
- If the mixture becomes too dry, add more almond milk (or water) as needed.
- Once the rice becomes tender, remove the saucepan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls, topped with fresh blueberries and some mint leaves for presentation.
Serves: 5. Calories per serve: 137
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop