Healthy Mummy member Shelley is sharing her recipe for Crunchy Sticky Date Cups. She says, “Sticky Date Pudding is my favourite dessert, so this is something to remind me of that… only healthier with a few added nutritional goodies.”
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (if you use peanut butter with added oil and sugar it will increase the calorie count)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix (this can be left out if you do not have any)
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat
- Blitz dates then add peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla powder then set aside.
- Give the pepitas and buckwheat a quick blitz then combine the two mixtures together. (I found this worked well using my hands)
- Press into silicone moulds or mini patty cases then pop in the fridge to set (Keep stored in the fridge).
Makes 12 cups, 130 calories each.