If you love chips, here is a healthy snack that you can prepare with some basic ingredients.
Unlike chips, these are baked, not fried, meaning they are crispy while also being low in calories.
You could also make these into longer ‘chip’ pieces if you prefer.
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into circles
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup home made breadcrumbs (pop some wholemeal bread and a garlic clove into a food processor with some salt and pepper)
- Olive oil spray
- Heat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Spray the tray with olive oil.
- Place the breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Beat the egg white with some salt and pepper until firm.
- Dip the zucchini rounds into the egg white, and then toss in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Spread out the rounds onto the baking tray and spray with some extra olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, turning halfway through.