These healthy eating Creamy Choc-Macadamia Squares taste a bit like a snowball cheesecakes. But there is a surprising key ingredient – macadamias!
Soaking the nuts helps to soften them, creating a creamy texture.
Naturally sweet, macadamia nuts contain high levels of fibre, healthy fats, calcium, iron and magnesium. Perfect for when you are running around after little ones, and trying to lose pregnancy weight.
You can add texture by retaining a handful of macadamias to chop and stir through the mixture.
- 300g raw macadamias, soaked at least 4 hours
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Greek or Natural Yoghurt
- 3 ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 75g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 20 cm x 20 cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Over a low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir in coconut and spread evenly in the base of baking dish.
- Drain macadamias and add to a food processor with maple syrup, milk, vanilla and yoghurt.
- Process until creamy (approx. 2 minutes)
- Mix in coconut flour.
- Spread over chocolate base.
- Cut into 16 squares and refrigerate.