Here’s a simple yet tasty healthy eating recipe that’s perfect for a quick snack for you and the kids.
Always try to use wholemeal flour in your cooking and baking when you can, as it is much better for you than traditional white flour when it comes to healthy eating in order to lose pregnancy weight.
This recipe is super adaptable too.
Change it up by:
- Replacing the cottage cheese with ricotta
- Switch the sultanas for chopped dates
- Take out the sultanas and add chopped chives or parsley
- Add a sprinkling of cinnamon
- Switch the sultanas for berries
- 1 cup plain flour (use wholemeal if possible)
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Olive oil spray for the pan
- Cover the sultanas with boiling water and set aside to soften.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, honey and cottage cheese.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the wet mixture.
- Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients, and whisk until just blended.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the pan and cook until golden on each side.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 271.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop