This is the healthy snack you need before you start a challenging exercise session. Packed full of oats and coconut, it will give you a long-lasting energy boost. And when you’re losing baby weight, you need plenty of energy!
Thanks to Healthy Mummy member Ash for sharing this recipe with us.
Coconut Rough Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs ( can use dark choc chips if preferred)
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate Coco2 Spread to drizzle over top prior to serving (optional)
- Line a square cake tin pan with baking paper (so they are easy to lift out)
- In a big mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together, I start with the dry ingredients and then mix the wet ingredients in. I use my hands so that everything is mixed really well, and then they don’t crumble apart.
- Press mixture into the pan, sprinkle coconut flakes over the top and press them into the top of the mix lightly
- Set in the fridge for 2-3hrs
- Drizzle some Chocolate Coco2 spread over prior to serving, this is optional
Recipe serves 10, 140 calories per serve.