With colder weather around, it’s the perfect time to include some warming breakfast options in your healthy eating plan.
Having something for breakfast is one of the most important elements to losing pregnancy weight, and introducing new breakfast recipes into your life is a good way of keeping things interesting and getting a wide range of nutrients into your diet.
This recipe for Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Porridge is a hearty way to start the day, and will give you loads of energy to power on through to lunchtime.
Quinoa flakes are low in calories and high in protein and fibre, and can be found in the health food section of many supermarkets, or near the oats and porridge section.
While a good option for breakfast, this recipe could also be whipped up for a warming, healthy dessert or nutritious mid-afternoon snack.
- Third of a cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a red apple, chopped
- Replace the red apple with a banana, pear or fresh strawberries
- Top with chopped walnuts or almonds
- Stir through some shredded coconut
- Replace the skim milk with your favourite non-dairy milk, like almond or rice milk
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk to boil.
- Add the quinoa flakes and the cinnamon, and reduce heat to very low.
- Keep on a very low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has thickened into porridge, remove from heat and stir through the honey.
- Pour into a bowl, top with chopped apple and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 298
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next months theme is the SLOW COOKING AND ONE POT WINTER WONDERS! – Perfect for the chilly winter weather, SUPER easy to whip up and still just as healthy.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a 28 Day Challenge recipe pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.