Thick, gooey chocolate mousse is always a great way to finish off a healthy day of eating.
Unlike a typical recipe for chocolate mousse which calls for dark chocolate, eggs and cream – this one uses the sweetness and texture of natural ingredients to create a sensational dessert without any eggs or dairy.
Tweak it to your heart’s content with some of our ideas for optional extras.
Delicious optional mix-ins and add-ons:
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Pitted cherries
- Orange zest
- Fresh raspberries
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- Hot chilli powder
- Dark chocolate chips
- Chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10 dried dates, pitted, soaked for 1 hour (or 5 fresh dates)
- 1 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ tbsp good quality cocoa or cacao
- A splash of hot water
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, to serve
- Place all of the ingredients (except the coconut) into your food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving with the coconut sprinkled on top.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 240.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop