This is such a fresh, crunchy, zesty, delicious salad.
It’s great for a BBQ as a side dish (you could leave out the chicken if you preferred), but also stands up equally well as a filling main course.
It is also quite economical as you only use one large chicken breast, a selection of veggies, and the dressing is made of store cupboard basics.
You will need a really big salad bowl for this one, as it makes quite a lot. Prepare to be dazzled with flavour!
For the salad:
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½ Chinese cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ cup of crushed cashews, peanuts or almonds (tamari almonds are great if you can find them)
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or you could use olive oil)
- 4 tbsp (100% peanut) peanut butter
- 6 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp natural or Greek yoghurt
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Chop your chicken into 6 chunks and place into the boiling water.
- Simmer the chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- When cooled, shred the chicken.
- Place the cabbage, carrot, coriander and shallots into the salad bowl.
- Add the cooled chicken.
- To make the dressing, simply place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle over the nuts of your choice.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 230.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Plus don’t forget to sign up for our Get Ready For Summer Challenge – it’s free and you can sign up here.
Click HERE to see our shop