For a delicious twist on an old favourite, you just have to try this soup.
When the weather cools down we often crave comfort food. The good news is, you can make your own healthy alternatives which will satisfy those cravings.
Unlike the traditional recipe for Cauliflower Cheese, this soup uses far less butter and cheese, bringing each serve to just 215 calories.
Cauliflower is a great source of Vitamin C and K, and is also very low in calories. In fact, 100g of cauliflower is just 24 calories – so it’s a great veggie to fill up on when you are trying to lose weight.
- 1 tsp butter (or use olive oil spray)
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of light mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, sweet potato, milk, and the stock.
- Season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes and then blend until smooth.
- Return to the boil before serving with the cheese and some extra pepper.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 215.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop