Healthy lunchbox ideas are always welcome here at The Healthy Mummy! And thanks to Facebook Community member Cassandra you can pop one of these yummy muffins into the kids’ lunchboxes knowing that they’re filled with nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup SR wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 10 dried dates chopped (soak in hot water)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Drain water off dates and mix all ingredients together.
- Place approximately 1 heaped tablespoon of mix into muffin tin.
- Bake at 180c for 15 min or until golden.
Makes 6, 130 calories per muffin