The only thing I love more than alliteration is a big bowl of soup for dinner. It warms you up and fills you up with healthy goodness at the same time.
Whether you are trying to lose weight, eat healthy food, or save some money – soup is a great meal choice.
This recipe uses loads of fresh veggies as well as heart-healthy coconut to give you a bowl full of goodness that the whole family will love.
Soup is a great option for lunch as well (and this one reheats beautifully) so why not whip up a pot of soup once a week and keep it in the fridge for a healthy lunch option?
We’ve got loads of healthy, low calorie soup ideas in our Winter Warmer Plan which you can view here.
- 2 leeks, washed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 whole corn cobs, with the corn cut off
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves, to serve
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over med/high heat.
- Throw in your leeks and garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp water, cover with the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, corn, coconut, stock and soy and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender and ladle into bowls.
- Serve the soup with a sprinkling of coriander and a dollop of yoghurt.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 265.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Click HERE to see our shop