After the Christmas feast, it’s nice to enjoy a cleansing healthy eating salad like this one.
This salad takes no time to throw together once the beets are roasted. It works well on its own or as a side to some grilled fish or lean steak.
The pomegranate seeds add a pop of flavour, but can be substituted with red grapes if preferred.
If you haven’t roasted beetroots before, it is a really simple process with no oil required. Great news if you are trying to lose pregnancy weight.
- 3 large whole beetroots, unpeeled, ends trimmed
- 2 cups rocket lettuce
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 100g low fat feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, or 10 halved red grapes, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Wrap each beetroot tightly in foil and place on a roasting tray.
- Cook for around 60 minutes, or until they feel tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Remove foil and set aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl, combine the rocket, orange segments, mint and feta.
- Peel away the skin from the beetroot with your fingers, and then cut the beetroot into wedges.
- Add the beetroot, season to taste and then dress with the olive oil, and the balsamic vinegar.
- Scatter over the pomegranate seeds before serving.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 145.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop