Healthy eating food can be tasty and easy to make. It doesn’t have to be complicated to make or taste like you are eating cardboard.
Below is a really easy healthy eating recipe to make and can be made with minimal effort and preparation and is a great one if you are following the Lose Baby Weight plans.
Plus it can be amended according to your tastes and what you have in the cupboard or fridge. For example you can throw in any salad and vegetables or use any kind or protein if you don’t have chicken or don’t eat meat.
- 3/4 cup of cous cous – you could also use Quinoa or brown rice
- 1 x tin of tinned beetroot – or use fresh and boil or roast and then chop up
- 1/6 cup of chopped up feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped up spring onions
- 1/2 cup of peas (use frozen and pour boiling water over them for 5 mins to cook through)
- 1 x large cooked chicken breast chopped up – or two small ones
- 1 x tin of lentils washed and drained
- Spinach leaves and sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup of chopped up corriander
- Salad dressing – 2 x tbsp of olive oil, 5 x tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 x crushed garlic clove, 1 x tsp of wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper
Pour boiling water over the cous cous, cover and leave to cook for 5 minutes. In a large bowl add all the other ingredients (except spinach and cucumber) and mix well. Then add in the cooked cous cous and pour over the salad dressing. Serve with with spinach and cucumber salad on the side. Easy and tasty and great to make extra for lunch the next day
Serves 2. Calories per serve 420
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe in breastfeeding
And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range