Motivating Mum Beth Henke has been following the Lose Baby Weight healthy eating plans and has sent in another “Hidden Veggie” recipe for us all to enjoy.
Beth writes “Kids and food, some have it easy and some don’t. Personally, I am lucky that my kids are good eaters and love to try new things. We still have battles at times, but I just keep trying because I don’t want my kids to be unhealthy”
- 300gm Lean Beef Mince
- 100 gms grated carrot (approx 1)
- 100 gms cabbage finely shredded and chopped
- 30gms spring onions chopped
- 2 tbps soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbps oyster sauce
- ¾ tsp crushed ginger(I use the fresh one from the fruit and veggie section in a tube)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 250gms Wonton Wrappers (34)
- A small bowl of water to wet the wrappers.
- Preheat oven to 220(200 fan forced)
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a bowl, mix the meat, veggies, sauces, ginger and garlic well with your hands ( if you and your family like things a bit hot, add some finely chopped up chilli!)
- Get one on the wonton wrappers and place on the bench in front of you
- Dip your fingers into the bowl of water and gently wet the wonton wrapper
- Next get a normal teaspoon amount of the meat mixture and place onto the wonton wrapper
- Now is where the fun is to have with the kids, or even just have fun yourself! Roll the wrapper into different shapes, you can fold it over like a triangle and seal the edges, bring all of the corners up into the middle and make a money bag or roll them up into a mini spring roll, basically just have fun!
- Then place onto a tray spacing them out slightly and place into the oven to bake for around 20-25 mins
- They will go golden in colour and brown on the edges, if they bottoms are a bit wet from the mince turn them over in tray and put back into the oven for 5-10 mins
- When they are cooked they will be crispy but also soft in in sections too (like a dumpling)
You can serve this with a fresh crisp salad, plenty of ideas in The 28 Day Plan or the Healthy Summer and Spring Book, even on the website. Or just enjoy with some dipping sauce on the side, we mixed some sweet chilli with a bit of soy sauce.
Makes 34 presents
34 Calories per present
You can see Beth’s latest update here
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here