Sweet treats are the nemesis of many people trying to lose pregnancy weight.
Fortunately, desserts and sweets can still be enjoying in moderation when following a healthy eating plan.
Desserts that include ingredients like fresh fruits, raw nuts, honey and natural yoghurt are much better options than high-calorie desserts that contain lots of cream, refined sugar, butter and artificial colours.
This easy dessert option is a good one to prepare on short notice as it contains only 5 ingredients.
Packed with vitamin C, potassium, calcium and fibre, this dessert option is both nutritious and delicious.
- 1 and half oranges
- 1 and a half large bananas
- 300 grams reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Top with shredded coconut instead of almond meal
- Replace the orange with dates, figs or passionfruit
- Use chopped almonds or walnuts instead of almond meal
- Untoasted muesli can be used instead of almond meal
- In a blender, blend together the banana, orange and honey until combined.
- Remove from blender and scoop into two desert glasses or jars.
- Top with a generous layer of reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- Top with almond meal and serve.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 375.
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get access to:
- 28 Days of family friendly healthy meals
- Personalised weekly shopping lists and customisable meal plans
- Access to the exclusive challenge 1000+ recipe hub
- 28 days of effective at home exercises to fit into your busy day
- Expert advice and support from the team and 1000’s of other mums on the challenge
- See all the details and join here
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Eliza lost 22kg (48 pounds) on 4 Challenges
Eliza says “I started in September with my first 28 Day Weightloss Challenge. I lost 8 kg that month. So far I have lost 22 kg. But it is what I have gained which will make me a supporter for life!
You won’t regret it!