Having a variety of meals in your healthy eating plan is a key element to losing pregnancy weight and receiving optimum nutrition.
Eating a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, dairy and meats gives you the best chance at receiving the vitamins, minerals and energy needed to live a long, healthy life.
You may not have cooked polenta before, but it’s well worth trying as it’s a versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes.
Made from corn, polenta is gluten-free, making it a good option for people who are gluten intolerant.
This recipe for Baked Polenta Triangles with Salsa is a great midweek meal option that is packed with fibre, vitamin C and lycopene.
- 3 cups (750ml) reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup (270 grams) ground polenta
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 grams parmesan cheese, grated
- 180 grams cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- Bring the stock to boil in a large saucepan, then carefully pour in the polenta slowly while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered while stirring occasionally until the liquid evaporates. This should take about 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the parmesan cheese.
- Grease a baking dish or tray with a little olive oil, then pour in the polenta and smooth over with a spatula so the polenta is even. Allow to cool for 30 minutes-1 hour either on a bench or in a fridge.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- While the polenta is cooling and setting, take a large bowl and combine the tomato, lime juice, oil, coriander, spring onions and cracked pepper, and set aside.
- Once the polenta has set, carefully cut into medium sized triangles (you will end up with between 10-12 triangles depending on how large you slice them).
- Grease a baking tray with some olive oil then cover with baking paper. Arrange the triangles carefully onto the baking tray making sure there is space between each triangle.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the tomato salsa on top.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 209
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop