This simple and delicious vegetable curry is a perfect mid-week winter warmer. Packed full with delicious seasonal veggies, you couldn’t find a healthier curry – especially if you’re following a healthy weight loss programme.
Autumn Vegetable Curry
- 1/4 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup reduced salt liquid vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Cook rice according to packet instructions
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Saute onion for1-2 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne pepper and tomato paste, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then add the chickpeas and vegetables, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and the curry has thickened.
- Serve with rice and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Recipe serves 1 at 436 calories per serve.
Whether you are vegetarian or just looking for ideas – why not check out the printed version of our Healthy Mummy Vegetarian Cookbook.