Warming soups are a great way to fill up when trying to lose pregnancy weight during winter.
This recipe for an Asian Style Chicken & Mushroom soup is a great, warming lunch option or light dinner choice which is perfect to include in your healthy eating plan.
Soups are hydrating, filling and often quite simple to make using budget ingredients, making them a winner with busy, time-poor mothers who are trying to lose weight on a budget.
Using a few, easy to find ingredients, this soup is a great way to make use of leftover roast chicken breast.
- 10 x shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 and a half cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast (left over roast chicken is perfect)
- 4 x cups of reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 small green chilli, chopped finely and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 x cup of water
- 1 x garlic clove, minced
- 1 x tablespoon of fresh minced ginger
- 1 x tablespoon of olive oil
- Use button mushrooms instead of shiitake
- Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock
- Stir in some chopped bok choy
- Add a small can of corn kernels when you add the shredded chicken breast
- In a saucepan or large pot heat the oil over medium heat, then add the garlic, chilli and ginger. Fry lightly for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, water, and mushrooms and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded chicken, and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir through the spring onions as well as a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 259
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop