With tasty flaked salmon, the fresh burst of sweet peas and a light dash of heat with chilli flakes and minced ginger, this fragrant spaghetti dish is QUICK, EASY budget friendly!
Sure to delight your taste buds and keep you healthy and on track to lose baby weight.
- 40 grams of wholemeal spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (1.25 grams)
- 1/2 clove chopped garlic (1.5 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (0.5 grams)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (5 mls)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (0.5 grams)
- 1 grated zucchini (110 grams)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (40 grams)
- 95 grams of tinned salmon (drained weight)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 mls)
- Cook spaghetti as per packet directions.
- In a small bowl (or mortar and pestle) combine garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, dried herbs and oil.
- Place a fry pan over a medium heat. Bring to the heat and add the garlic and chilli mix and grated zucchini. Allow to cook for several minutes until beginning to golden and smell fragrant. Add peas and heat through.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss well to coat. Flake over salmon and squeeze over lemon juice. Toss to combine, allow the salmon to heat through briefly.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.