These healthy apple and sultana wraps are super easy to make, and use simple ingredients. They make the perfect dessert especially if you’re following a healthy eating plan. Better still, they’re a hit with the whole family.
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry
- 3 medium apples (I used Granny Smith but any will be fine)
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (can add more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (can sub with maple syrup or honey etc)
- 1 egg whisked (you will not use the entire egg)
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- Remove pastry from freezer to thaw
- Slice apples into very thin slices using a mandolin or a sharp knife
- Combine apples, sultanas
cinnamon, vanilla and rice malt syrup.
- Let mixture sit for 15 minutes or so to soften. Then mix well to combine.
- Slice thawed pastry into 9 even pieces
- Place pastry onto lined baking tray
- Place a spoonful of apple mixture onto each pastry square and fold on the diagonal to join together. (You may find it helps to use a dot of water on your finger tip to help join the pastry together).
- Do this for all 9 squares.
- Whisk egg and brush over each wrap
- Lightly sprinkle with coconut sugar
- Place in the oven and cook for 18 minutes or until they have turned golden brown
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack
- Delicious straight from the oven but great to eat cold or reheated.
Makes 9 – 106 calories each