Top Five Weight Loss Tips To Lose Belly Fat
One of the biggest questions we get asked at Lose Baby Weight is “how do I lose belly fat? I’ve tried several things but nothing works”.
Most people when they approach the task of losing belly fat is to do countless sit-ups, crunches and general abdominal exercises. These exercises are great for building abdominal muscles, but will not help you remove the layer of belly fat that sits on top of the abdominals.
If you want to tone up your stomach quickly you must first remove the top layer of belly fat and then focus on defining the underlying abdominals and this means you need to follow a weight loss plan for post pregnancy women to lose the fat from the belly as well as doing toning exercises.
Here are our top 5 ways to lose belly fat fast:
- Eat Healthy foods. It goes without saying, but if you are filling your body with more and more fatty and processed foods each day you won’t see your belly fat disappear. By following a diet rich in fruit, vegetables and nutrients then your body will function better and eliminate toxins and fat. The Lose Baby Weight plans are ideal for busy mums as they are simple and easy to follow and give you all the nutrients you need for energy, health and weight loss
- Limit your alcohol consumption. Alcohol, especially sweet fizzy based drinks and beer make it nearly impossible to lose belly fat and puts extra stress on your liver to clear out the toxins. This extra pressure on your liver can make it very hard to build muscle which is key to losing belly fat. Click here to see why the liver is so important in weight loss
- Exercise your whole body. Sadly there is no such thing as ‘fat spot reduction’ and we can’t tell our body to simply lose fat from a specific area i.e. the belly. The key is to exercise your whole body and as you do your body will seek out excess fat stores that will be used to fuel your exercise session. Try the 10,000 step challenge to get your body moving and get your free pedometer here
- Strength Training. Spending hours doing cardio exercises will only get you so far when it comes losing belly fat. The real secret is to add a few strength-training exercises in to your routine. The most effective way to lose belly fat is to build lean muscle in its place. Muscle gets very hungry when exercised and the more you work them the more they seeks out fat stores all over your body to fuel it. Try and include major muscle group exercises into your routine to see your belly fat disappear – such as squats which work the bum and thighs and see the video below which shows more examples as part of the 7 day exercise challenge Lose Baby Weight has done
- Keep yourself Motivated. If you want to lose belly fat you will need to stay motivated for longer than a few days. We all have times when we want to give up, but it’s important to push though the hard times because the end goal is worth the effort. It’s important to keep track of your progress by measuring your waist every 2 weeks and to monitor how your old pants start to feel. Also, try taking a picture of your self every 2 weeks (front, back & side) as this will remind you of how much you’ve achieved.