Eating well is crucial for our health and energy levels as well as losing any unwanted kilos.
As part of our Lose Baby Weight plans, because we understand how busy a mums like can be, we have created our Healthy Mummy Smoothie range – which is 96% sugar free, 100% fructose free and 100% artificial sweetener free.
And we thought we out outline why it is very different to other shake products out there. Plus if you are a breastfeeding mum they are safe for use in breastfeeding. You can also see a comparison table to other brands here
But if you want to skip straight to our shop to buy the smoothies you can do here
We are also recommend by Midwives, Doctors and Nutritionists – you can see Midwife reviews here and Nutritionist reviews here
We are also regularly featured on TV and in the media and write a monthly column in Practical Parenting Magazine – you can see some of our media coverage here
1) They are great for a busy mum’s brekkie
Our research shows that over 50% of mums skip breakfast due to being too tired to make it or not having enough time to make it.
Needless to say this reeks havoc with the metabolism, health and weight loss of mums all over the country and if mums found just 2 minutes to make a smoothie for breakfast they would feel healthier, have more energy and find weight loss a lot easier
You can use them with healthy eating plans
2) It is accelerant and filler FREE
We are proud to say that our Smoothie is free from any fillers and weight loss accelerators. Many many weight loss shakes contain fillers and weight loss accelerants to trick your body into short term – and unhealthy weight loss. These artificial fillers make your tummy feel temporarily full are not natural and the long term effects are not known. They can also lead to a lot of the side effects associated with ‘shakes’.
3) It contains wholefoods
The Healthy Mummy Smoothie contains wholefoods and over 25 vitamins and minerals. The product is high quality and every ingredient in the smoothie has been included to be a benefit to your health. Most shakes do not provide this high quality and the reason you will see many ‘giveaway’ offers on TV with these brands is because their product is extremely cheap to make and do not use the wholefoods and high quality vitamins and minerals that we do – so it is very cheap to make and their product is topped up with sugar and fillers to bulk it out.
4) It is dairy and gluten free
Today many people have allergies to dairy and gluten so our smoothie is free of both of these ingredients. We use non genetically modified Soy Protein Isolate which uses only the protein part of the soy – not the oestrogen part of the soy.
5) It is breastfeeding friendly
We do not use any caffeines or weight loss accelerants in our smoothies so that breastfeeding mums can use it. We also included fenugreek in the smoothie to be an additional benefit – and if you are not breastfeeding, fenugreek can still be a great benefit to your health as it provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous.
We have thousands of emails each month from mums on our plans who report improved milk supply from using our smoothies, but if your baby has any food sensitivities or suffers from colic we recommend talking to your Dr before changing your diet or using our products and plans. And you can read more on this from the ABA here
You can click here to read some stories of mums who have sent in results of increased milk supply on our smoothies. Read Barbara’s story here Read Emma’s story here Read Jessica’s story here Read Amy’s story here Read Claire’s story here Read Linda’s story here
6) It is a formulated meal replacement & passes international standards
Our smoothie is a formulated meal replacement and has passed International Food Standards. It provides your body with over 25 vitamins and minerals and the focus is on optimal nutrition.
Some other ‘shakes’ on the market are only a protein shake or supplement.
This means they cannot be used as a meal substitute as they do not contain enough nutrients and energy to fuel your body and consumers can often be mislead into thinking a product called a Shake is a meal replacement when it is not. You can see a comparison table with other shakes here
7) It has helped mums lose over 1 million kg (results may vary)
Mums all over the world, love our smoothies. And they are great for getting lots of nutrition into your body if you are too time poor or tired to cook a meal.
And mums also like to use them in conjunction with our 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan – which is also breastfeeding friendly.
You can see hundreds of results from mums on our plans here
8) What ingredients are in the Smoothie?
The smoothies are free from artificial sweeteners, additives, fillers, caffeine and weight loss accelerants
Included in our smoothies are:
- Apple pectin – a source of soluble fibre that forms gel naturally
- Rice bran fibre – a highly fibrous ingredient
- Cellulose – major component of cell wall in plants
- Psyllium husks – a water-soluble fibre to aid digestion
- Inulin – a natural vegetable fibre to aid digestion
- Flaxseed meal – healthy fats (omega3 fatty acids) & high fibre making it an ideal ingredient for post birth nourishment
- Pumpkin seed meal – adds bulk to assist a sense of fullness & contains a high level of essential fatty acids, protein, zinc & iron.
Protein For Health & Weight Loss:
- Soy protein isolate (non GM) – a complete protein low in fat with high digestibility. The protein is a soy protein isolate – which means the protein has been isolated and the oestrogen and hormone part of soy is not included in the product – only the protein part of the soy
- Methionine 10mFg – important amino acid for normal metabolism
- Protease (from aspergillus) – group of enzymes that assist digestive process by breaking down proteins
- Soy lecithin 400mg (non GM) – emulsifying that can aid the digestive system
- Bromelain 5mg – enzymes from pineapple assisting protein digestion.
Herbs For Your Health – during a weight loss diet, herbs can help to maintain a feeling of general wellbeing:
- Ginger root – a spice often used to improve metabolism while soothing the stomach
- Fenugreek – Provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous. It also provides support for breastfeeding mothers
- Dandelion root – helps absorption of nutrients in “The Healthy Mummy” Smoothie and Rich in Vitamin A,C and B2, iron and calcium
LOW GI: as part of a weight loss diet, low GI foods help to release glucose more slowly leading to a more stable blood glucose level.
Natural ingredients in our smoothies help give a gentle sensation of feeling fuller for longer, helping to avoid eating large meals or over snacking. They help to bulk the stool & aid bowel eliminations.
We do not use any artificial sweeteners in our smoothies and use a small amount of thaumatin – which is a natural plant based sweetener to sweeten the smoothie – you can read about this here.
9) What ingredients are NOT in the Smoothie?
We are proud that the following ingredients are NOT in our smoothies
- No Caffeine
- No Fillers
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Fructose
- No Genetically Modified Ingredients
- No Added Salt
- No Weight Loss Accelerants
- No Chemicals
- No Phentermines
- No Phenylpropanolamine
- No Dairy
- No gluten ingredients
10) We now also have a pregnancy smoothie
And the great news is that if you are pregnant, our sister site www.healthymummy.com have launched The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie – and you can read all about this here